Ladies – have you plumped for a new hairdo for the New Year? Have you taken the plunge and gone for a shorter style? Are you worried that shorter hair could be less versatile than longer tresses?
Fear not! With our handy hints for four cropped dos – and with a little help from The Pantiles’ hair salons – you can create show-stopping styles with ease!
Achieve easy, breezy waves by:
- Using curling tongs at sporadic intervals throughout your hair to create the illusion of natural waves.
- Use dry shampoo and a side parting to add extra volume to the style.
Pin Up Girl
Create a decadent do, ready for any elegant party or soiree, with ‘pinned up’ hair. To achieve this:
- Curl your hair with tongs for luxurious waves.
- Add dry shampoo near the crown of your hair to add extra volume, before gathering and pinning the hair at the back of your head.
- Leave a small section of hair at the front to sit alongside the face and secure the entire look with a good dose of hairspray.
The Plaited Princess
For an interesting yet casual look, go for plaits! The braided crown is a great way to add interest to a shorter style:
- Curl your hair with tongs before using a paddle brush to create a natural finish.
- Take two sections from the front of your hair and form chunky plaits, making sure to direction the braid towards the back of the head.
- Secure with bobby pins at the back of the head, or if your hair is a little longer, tie the two braids together.
For a look that says “I’m not really trying”, get experimental with a messy bun! To do this:
- Create body in your hair with sea salt spray, before roughly dividing your hair at the crown with your fingers.
- Tie your hair in a half ponytail and coil the hair around the band, securing with bobby pins.
For more styling advice, consultations and to keep your locks looking luscious, visit one of the salons at The Pantiles.